Sketches

Sunday 23 January 2011

Gertie


This is Gertie, my wife. Yesterday she stood model in my art class. The first painting went totally wrong, but I was pleased about the second painting, which you see here to the left. I feel uncomfortable to paint family, but I finally feel I reached the level where I can get away with it.
50x70cm, acryl, took me an hour to paint.
Below the version by one of the other painters of the class, Tina Heins, also an excellent painting.
Portret masterclass, gisterenmorgen, Gertie stond model. Boven mijn tweede schilderij (de eerste was helemaal mislukt). Onder het schilderij van Tina Heins, een van de medecursisten, ook een schitterend resultaat.

Another of the paintings was posted by Rodney: see  http://rodneyvdb.blogspot.com/
Nice to see so many personal versions of the same subject.

3 comments:

Rodney van den Beemd said...

Mooi portret René, mooie kleuren en structuur. Die van Tina blijft een erg goede keuze. Ik heb bij mijn portret ook doorgelinkt naar deze post.

schilderijenfoto said...

Hier heb je veel lef voor nodig om zo te schilderen. Je inspireert me weer.

Rene Fijten said...

Bedankt voor het bezoek en waarderende woorden. Geert-Jan, ik kan me ook enkele goede portretten van jouw hand herinneren. Wat let je?