Sketches

Thursday 20 December 2012

Mescherbergloop




For the first time in two years I was able to run an official competition run again: the Mescherbergloop. The worst 15km of the Netherlands, only very steep hills, muddy fields, slippery country roads, forest paths and uneven stairs. Through freezing weather, rain and wet snow.

Last year February I suffered from a chronic ankle injury; I couldn't run more than 50 meters without having to stop from pain. (very frustrating, I have run marathons in the past).
The surgeon told me that even though it could improve a little, I had to get used to running with pain. Or take up another sport.
It took me almost two years, slowly building up the distances, to be able to run a painfree 15 km. And that's good enough for me.

2 comments:

schilderijenfoto said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rene Fijten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.