Sketches

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Stolberg

Saturday I made a little tour through our surroundings, visited Stolberg, in Germany just south of Aachen. About 40km from my home, but I had never visited it before. There is a fantastic medieval castle on top of the hill, and steep roads with small typical houses, rising up the slope.
It was still winter there; I looked for a sheltered place to draw and found a little roofed guardpost. But the wind was cold, and my fingers froze; even my fountainpen stopped running. I had practically finished the inkdrawing, but had to do the paintwork at home.

3 comments:

Filipe Almeida said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael Lukyniuk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rene Fijten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.