Sketches

Thursday 17 July 2014

Crash MH17

Driving home from work I heard the news from the plane MH17 Malaysian airlines which was shot down above the Ukraine. It started from Amsterdam and had a lot of Dutch on that plane.
Horrible images on the internet, had to rework them in this drawing.
I mean, I have been to the Ukraine a few times, know how the country looks like. I've flown over the area a few times to Asia, and we often travelled with the travel agency that had Dutch passengers in this plane. It suddenly comes near.

7 comments:

irinapictures said...

I am so terribly sorry.

Rene Fijten said...

We are too. Whatever happened, the victims had no part in the separatists war. They wanted to go on holiday.

Rene Fijten said...

Irina, thank you for reacting. I really appreciate that, especially given the circumstances. My previous comment may be a little sharp, but we are all very furious here. That was what the drawing was about.

RobCarey said...

Yes, I thought of you when I heard the news, Rene, as you often travel. I would also be filled with anger. This was a meaningless act of cowardice.

irinapictures said...

I do not know what to do, sitting inside this propaganda game and listening to idea that it was Americans' fault. So disappointed.
I am so sorry. All the innocent people.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks rob. Anger is the word. Look at how the remains and posessions of the victims are treated. No respect.

Rene Fijten said...

Irina. At least its good to realise that propaganda stops working once you know its propaganda.