Sketches

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Le Mont St. Michel

My drawings from our holiday trip through France are not in chronological order, but who cares.
I made this drawing on the last days in Normandy, it's the island Le Mont St. Michel. Even though its riddled with tourists, it's still a fantastic town. We spend a whole day there, climbing the steep roads, monasteries and remparts. My company was patient enough to let me draw this scene, as we were sitting on the new (but not yet finished) pedestrian bridge running from the coast to the town.
At least it protected me from being overrun by tourist busses.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Its great to travel with people who will allow you to do a little sketching on site. This is a good rendering of St Michel. Your company must have been impressed with the results.

Rene Fijten said...

Haha, they were rather bored, but they know it means a lot to me to be able to do sketching. I was restricted to max one sketch a day...