Sketches

Sunday 2 November 2014

Piazza dei Priori

Another of the Volterra sketches. We had 6 students and 2 teachers, one did photography and art, I did drawing and architecture.
As I had to teach I could not draw so much myself. But at times I would give the students a difficult assignment (see below), and we would observe them from a nice shaded terrace with some hot espresso, and I was able to do something like the above drawing. It's the first installment of a Leporello, a long strip of paper (~1,5 meter long) with drawings. More to come.

4 comments:

rob carey said...

this one's my favorite! any chance we can do an artwork trade, Rene?

rob carey said...

It doesn't have to be this one, of course :) Just anything you've done would be great.

Rene Fijten said...

Yes! a great idea! I'll contact you by email the coming few days. This one is part of a leporello (a harmonica) can't tear that out, but I'll gladly produce something fitting.

RobCarey said...

Wonderful! Looking forward to this. :)