Sketches

Sunday 6 March 2016

Bingelrade

A lot of travelling for work these days, and not so much chance for on-location drawing.  It gets too dark too early, and the weather is horrible.
Like this morning, during my 14 km run in the rain, finding my way through the hills between Jabeek and Bingelrade. I would have liked to draw the scene, but I would not have been be able to do so, because of the steady falling rain. Besides, the hardly paved country road was far too muddy for getting there by car.
So I took a picture with my camera, and turned it into a little drawing this evening.

3 comments:

Miú said...

I love the way you did the sky, Rene. Very stylish and effective, with a sense of lightness!

Michael Lukyniuk said...

I like this sketch. There's a good variety of tones and the lines project the layout of the landscape very well. Like the previous commentator said, the line work in the sky is also very stylish and it creates a nice sense of a darkening sky. I guess that even though the weather was bad, it ended up with something positive.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Miu. Always a problem: how to draw rain.
Michael: I was inspired to do something based on your own linedrawing experiments, and the tip you gave me once: Ian Sidaway. Not that I tried to copy.