Sketches

Thursday 17 March 2016

Lohr am Main

Another business trip, another sketch.
Of the Bayern (Germany) town of "Lohr am Main" this time. All the hotels within 50km of Frankfurt were booked because of a large congress, we had to travel a lot more to the south to get a decent hotel.
It had the advantage that we could visit this cute little town in the evening.

The drawing is not very good, it became dark too quickly, and somehow the drawing did not take off too well, right from the start. You can't always have a winner.

4 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

It looks very good to me. Perhaps there's a slight tilt to the horizon but the details and perspective are well done. I guess it must be hard to sketch on location when the light is changing from evening to night. As the days get longer, this may be less of a problem!

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Michael, I managed to improve the drawing a bit at home, it was worse when I stopped on location. It did not go well from the start, don't know why. It happens.

Unknown said...

I think it's very nice. Lohr is where I am originally from, and any pictures I see make my heart smile.

Rene Fijten said...

Es macht mir froh dass meine Zeichnungen dir so ein vergnügen machen!