Sketches

Sunday 15 May 2016

Checkpoint Charlie


Two sketches from Berlin.
Above Checkpoint Charlie, one of the worst tourist traps I've ever seen. You have to pay to get on a picture before this non-original shed with a few sandbags and actors in fancy military costumes. And you even have to bring your camera yourself.
Anyway, always good for a quick sketch.


And a less vivid sketch of the beautiful red "oberbaumbrücke" across the Spree.
I really had to work quick, only had a few minutes, as I made this while the guide was explaining its history during a stop in our guided bicycle tour through Kreuzberg.
These were all sketches I made in Berlin; I really enjoyed this trip with the church-choir of Hulsberg (my wife sing in this choir). So well organized, such a pleasant company.

No comments: